Absolute Computrace provides you with comprehensive control and visibility over the desktops, laptops and ultra-portable devices in your deployment, while allowing you to persistently secure all endpoints from a single cloud-based console.
Data & Device Security
If a device is not secure, then the data it contains is at risk. Computrace allows IT to remotely engage with the device so that data can be safeguarded or removed:
- Remotely delete sensitive data on computers at risk
- Create an audit log of the deleted files to prove compliance
- Freeze a device and send a message to the user - even when the device is offline
- Remotely retrieve files from a device regardless of user or location
- Monitor the status of encryption on each device
The physical location of a device can often predict if it is secure or at risk, so knowing where it is (and where it’s been) can be an important factor::
- Track assets on an internet map, current and historical locations
- Build geofences and get an alert if a device strays
- Investigate and determine device status based on its physical location
Manage your entire deployment (desktops, laptops, ultra-portable devices) regardless if the device is on or off the network.
- Collect accurate and comprehensive information from each device
- Create customized policies and alerts to be notified when a change is detected
- Asset data comprises user identification, physical location, hardware and software, antivirus and encryption status, and hundreds of other data points
Understand why and how something happened, especially when proving chain of custody or when criminal activity is suspected. The Absolute Investigations Team can:
- Forensically mine a stolen computer regardless of location
- Use key captures, registry and file scanning, geolocation, and other investigative techniques to understand how and why a device was breached
- Determine who has the device, what they’re doing with it, and whether any data was accessed
Persistence technology from Absolute provides you with visibility and control over all of your devices, regardless of user or location. If an Absolute software client is removed from an endpoint, it will automatically reinstall so you can secure each device and the sensitive data it contains. No other technology can do this.